HOW TO USE OUR DECALS
Download printable instructions here.
EASY TO APPLY
To apply, simply remove the backing and stick to any smooth or slightly textured surface. Suitable for walls, metal, wood, glass, paper, plastics and many more surfaces. Be sure that your surface is clean and free of any dirt, dust or grease to ensure good adhesion. Sometimes walls can look clean but have dust so a good wipe over is recommended. These decals are waterproof and designed for indoor and outdoor use. You can also use them in bathrooms and showers. If applying over freshly painted surfaces, allow paint to fully cure for a minimum of 2 – 3 weeks before applying. New paint still contains moisture a long time after it feels dry.
- Carefully remove decals from their packaging and lay flat for a few hours.
- Hang your first decal on the wall with masking tape, so that you can stand back and check it position.
- Once in position, peel back the liner about 8” on one end only and lightly stick to the wall.
- Continue peeling and applying the decal until fully adhered. Be careful not to bend or kink the decal. For small decals you can remove the whole backing and apply.
- If you need to reposition at any point, simply peel up the edge and start over again. Finish by softly running the decal with a soft cloth, making sure to get all the edges stuck down firmly.
- Stand back and enjoy your masterpiece!
TO APPLY TO ROUGH OR GLOSSY SURFACES
The stickers work best on flat walls with clean, dry flat paint. They will work on other surfaces with varying degrees of success. When you get your order, if possible try a small sticker. If it doesn't stick well, you can use an adhesive that does not melt or dissolve polystyrene, such as 3M® Super77. To use a spray adhesive lay some newspaper down and place the sticker face down on the newspaper. Spray the adhesive on the back of the sticker and let it dry for 15 minutes (or as spray manufacturer instructs). The adhesive should be dry when you put the sticker up or it will create a more permanent bond. Be careful not to get glue on the face of the sticker. Very glossy surfaces might require extra glue as well. For these cases an adhesive such as 3M® Hi-Strength 90 can be used. We recommend that this procedure be used in high traffic and commercial installations such as nursery schools and pediatric centres. The results of a 3rd party adhesive use are not guaranteed in any way.
Walls of the Wild decals are washable. To clean spills of anything else of your walls, simply use a soft cloth with some mild soapy water. Although the stickers are tear and scratch resistant please avoid abrasives and solvents.
These decals are fully removable. Start in one corner and start slowly peeling. If you are planning to reuse the decal take caution not to stretch it. If you find that the sticker has adhered too well to the surface there are products that can help with the removal such as Goo Gone. This product softens the adhesive. Spray the solution just above the decal and wait a few minutes for it to soften. Then peel off the decal. If you are looking to reuse the decal, lay it face down and let the solution evaporate. You can then reapply it.